Project Analyst - Scientist (Washington DC Area)
Merrick is seeking a Scientist with a technical education in biology or similar discipline with experience in Life Sciences programs to join a diverse team of scientists and engineers. This individual will perform technical analysis, development and review of products and deliverables. This position is assigned to the Washington, D. C. area and will be based out of the Merrick office in Arlington, VA.
The successful candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude, who possesses excellent organizational skills, exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong critical thinking capabilities, and attention to detail. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and able to identify needs, take initiative, work independently, and carry project tasks and assignments to successful completion. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, many stakeholders and competing deadlines. The selected candidate will work full time (40 hours/week) in the Arlington, VA office.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide support for multi-disciplinary Life Sciences projects and development to be executed primarily out of the Washington, DC office.
- Comply with Merrick’s project management and controls systems, procedures and protocols, and report regularly to Merrick senior management on project performance, as required.
- Communicate and coordinate with all team members and project stakeholders as required for successful project execution.
- Maintain and develop positive client relationships.
- Have or be able to obtain security clearance for work with the US Federal Government.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the day-to-day work of project technical staff, consultants, contractors, and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Apply analytical skills to project approaches, standards, and solutions, throughout project lifecycle.
- Lead creation and editing of documents related to laboratory processes and procedures for multiple projects.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control reviews of project deliverables from a technical perspective.
- Complete scientific technical writing and project support tasks requiring knowledge of technical writing procedures and production.
- Work independently and take initiative to complete assignments
- Demonstrate adaptability and interest in learning and applying new skills
- Flexibility and experience to receive and execute a variety of technical and complex tasks on a daily basis
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and business ethics
- Alignment with budget, schedule, scope, compliance, and regulatory requirements
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Arts / Science in life science, biology, or related technical field is required.
- Masters of Science in a life science or technical discipline (e.g., biology, chemistry, engineering, or related field) is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of life sciences laboratory experience required.
- Two (2) – five(5) years in non-traditional science environment (e.g., consulting, policy development, etc.) required
- Professional experience in performing technical documentation development in a life science company is preferred.
- Complete proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Proficiency in developing graphics, with ability to use Visio, Adobe Illustrator, or similar is strongly preferred.
- Client projects for this position require United States Citizenship (or capability to obtain within 6 months).
- Working knowledge of the current biosafety and biosecurity best practices, policies and current events, emerging technologies, government/academic/industrial programs.
- Past performance working in or for U.S. federal agencies (i.e., DoD, DHS, HHS, DOS) is preferred.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order No. 14042 and requires vaccination. All individuals hired by Merrick are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.